108 年 - 108 台灣中油股份有限公司雇用人員甄試：英文#80997
26. The French restaurant is very popular, so if we would like to have dinner there, we need to
make a ________.
(A) reservation (B) explanation (C) conversation (D) protection
27. The president’s speech will be ________ live on the Internet, on the radio, as well as on TV.
(A) evolved (B) bargained (C) broadcast (D) fought
28. The suspect was ____ because there was no solid evidence to prove his guilt.
(A) released (B) captured (C) vanished (D) arrested
29. Robert felt a sense of ____ when he finished the difficult assignment.
(A) achievement (B) consequence (C) efficiency (D) procedure
30. The number of the newborn babies in the country this year has _____ ten thousand, the lowest
of the past ten years.
(A) replied (B) explained (C) arrived (D) reached
31. The old lady’s pet cat became her closest ________ after her retirement from journalism.
(A) component (B) consonant (C) companion (D) constitution
32. Since global warming poses a huge _______ to the ecosystem, we should try our best to
protect the environment.
(A) threat (B) contrast (C) necessity (D) gap .
33. My company did a marketing _______ and found that people prefer smartphones with bigger screen.
(A) reminder (B) invention (C) survey (D) account
34. Although Peter had to keep three part-time jobs to support his family, he never ____ his
studies. In fact, he graduated with honors.
(A) neglected (B) segmented (C) valued (D) financed
35. The Sun Moon Lake, one of the most well-known tourist attractions in Taiwan, is _______
worth a visit for many tourists.
(A) loosely (B) rapidly (C) definitely (D) skillfully .
36. Ben was ______ talented that he was offered a scholarship at a music school in New York.
(A) so (B) the very (C) such (D) the most
37. “______ a beautiful day! How about having a picnic？” Rita said to her husband.
(A) When (B) How (C) What (D) So
38. I didn’t know ______.
(A) where is my sister (B) how was my sister angry
(C) how did my sister make the cake (D) why my sister was crying
39. Tina’s purse was ______ ! She doesn’t have any money right now!
(A) steal (B) stolen (C) stealing (D) to steal
40. Mark Zuckerberg is the person ______ invented Facebook, and he is one of the richest people
in the world.
(A) who (B) whose (C) whom (D) what
41. Cathy enjoys reading books, ______ romance novels, science fictions, and so on.
(A) such like (B) so that (C) as example (D) such as
42. It was on that day ______ the first spacecraft was launched in the history of mankind.
(A) that (B) for (C) which (D) what
43. That you are only slightly hurt in the car accident ______ very fortunate.
(A) has (B) is (C) being (D) to be .
44. A: Could you show me how to get to the museum？
B: ______ Just go down the street and turn left at the next traffic lights.
(A) Great. (B) Certainly. (C) No way. (D) Of course not. .
45. A: ________
B: It looks beautiful on you. How much is it？
(A) How about trying this shirt on？ (B) Let’s go find some nice clerks.
(C)Do you know the price of the bag？ (D) How do you like my new dress？
46. A: Hi, Kevin. What’s up？ B: ________ A: Oh! I’m sorry to hear that.
(A) I have got a raise.
(B) Well, I’m just playing computer games.
(C) It depends on the weather.
(D) To be honest, not good. I was fired last month.
47. A: What is the purpose of your visit to this country？ B: ________
(A) I take a trip once a year. (B) It’s my first time to Japan.
(C) I’m here for business. (D) I’m going to stay for a week.
48. A: My friend and I had an argument yesterday. B: ________
(A) You’d better not to answer my question. (B) Perhaps you’d better say sorry first.
(C) No wonder you look happy every day. (D) Why don’t you join the club？
49. A: What happened？
B: I found out the purse I bought online was fake!
A: ________ Online shopping can be risky sometimes.
B: I should have listened to you.
(A) I’m done with it. (B) See, I told you.
(C) Watch your words. (D) Give me a hand.
50. A: What did you have for dinner？
B: I only had a piece of bread.
B: I’m trying to control my weight.
(A) Why？ I thought you were hungry. (B) Broccoli is the best kind of vegetable.
(C) It sounds like a lot. (D) I had vegetables, too.
6. It is better to be hated for who you are ______ liked for who you are not.
7. When we start to _____ others into consideration, the door of happiness will be open
8. Don’t dwell on the past. We can not change _____ happened yesterday.
9. Most plastics don’t biodegrade, which means they’re destined to ______ down into smaller
and smaller pieces called micro plastics.
10. Night markets in Taiwan has long _____ regarded as a good symbol of local culture