93 年 - 光啟高中九十三學年度英文科第三冊題庫-1#6655
1. If I can get the ______ from the president, I will have strong support.
(A)approval (B)suggestion (C)supplier (D)preparation
2. Actors are not ______ good-looking. They must be good at performing, instead.
(A)interestingly (B)importantly (C)continually (D)necessarily
3. A ______ person will be more welcomed in a group.
(A)necessary (B)strict (C)flexible (D)silly
4. We had waited for the book for three months; it was ______, though.
(A)worthy (B)worthwhile (C)worth of (D)worthless
5. You must obey the rules; otherwise; you would be ______.
(A)organized (B)punished (C)published (D)reserved
6. Everybody has something to ______ to society.
(A)approve (B)contribute (C)present (D)continue
7. Everyone should have a fair ______ to make the best of himself/herself.
(A)opportunity (B)necessity (C)success (D)contribution
8. Don’t worry about him. He is ______ enough to take good care of himself.
(A)flexible (B)friendly (C)capable (D)popular
9. If you want to go to the zoo today, I’m ______ with that.
(A)mistake (B)okay (C)contribute (D)whatever
10. As long as you are trying, it is ______ to make mistakes in class.
(A)perfect (B)deserve (C)okay (D)contribute
11. No one is ______. You must learn to forgive your friends.
(A)perfect (B)flexible (C)silly (D)upset
12. It is a ______ idea to try to study and play at the same time.
(A)okay (B)silly (C)upset (D)task
13. Steve worked very hard so that he could ______ in the future.
(A)represent (B)prefer (C)succeed (D)worthwhile
14. Sally wants to ______ her hamsters so she will have more hamsters.
(A)shortage (B)mate (C)pick (D)prefer
15. Roy is not ______. He will eat anything.
(A)picky (B)shortage (C)legend (D)successful
16. The Chinese people ______ to wear the color red on New Year’s Day.
(A)picky (B)legend (C)aware (D)prefer
17. Josh didn’t finish his homework. He ______ his computer for being too slow.
(A)preferred (B)represented (C)blamed (D)deserved
18. After the big storm, there is a ______ of fresh vegetables.
(A)blame (B)shortage (C)picky (D)legend
19. If you make a mistake, don’t ______ it on others or make excuses.
(A)prefer (B)contribute (C)blame (D)represent
20. If you want to ______ in business, you must learn English well.
(A)succeed (B)prefer (C)pick (D)represent
21. Many small animals must be killed to make one ______ coat.
(A)skin (B)hair (C)shortage (D)fur
22. The giant who chased after the sun is a famous Chinese ______.
(A)legend (B)prize (C)success (D)represent
23. Roger will never stop trying until he ______.
(A)represents (B)succeeds (C)continues (D)mistakes
24. Tigers are killed for their beautiful ______.
(A)skin (B)hair (C)fur (D)mate
25. Some children believe the lady on the moon is real, not a ______.
(A)represent (B)legend (C)leopard (D)prefer
1. Be careful and you won’t ______.
(A)make mistakes (B)get mistakes (C)have mistaken (D)take mistakes
2. It is easy to ______ on a difficult math problem.
(A)get wrong (B)make mistakes (C)mistaken (D)take mistakes
3. If you ______, correct them.
(A)get mistakes (B)make mistakes (C)make wrong (D)get wrong
4. Even the president ______.
(A)makes mistakes (B)makes wrong (C)takes mistakes (D)gets wrong
5. I was only joking. Don’t ______.
(A)make upset (B)fix up (C)get upset (D)be faced with
6. The teacher ______ because no one did the homework.
(A)fixed up (B)made sense (C)was worthwhile (D)got upset
7. If you don’t call, Ronnie will ______.
(A)fix up (B)get upset (C)make sense (D)be worthwhile
8. Please be quiet. We don’t want the principal to ______ with us.
(A)get upset (B)make sense (C)fix up (D)be faced
9. If you get a good education, you can be ______ you want to be for a job.
(A)whenever (B)wherever (C)whatever (D)whichever
10. Eric listens too much to his friends. He doesn’t try to ______ he wants to be.
(A)faced with (B)fix up (C)make sense (D)be whatever
11. You can’t stop those people from talking. They are ______.
(A)get upset (B)who they are (C)make sense (D)fixed up
12. Parents will worry about you. You can’t change that. They ______.
(A)are who they are (B)are upset (C)are making sense (D)are making mistakes
13. ______ it is hot, Emily is still wearing a coat.
(A)By mistake (B)Make no sense (C)Even though (D)Worthwhile
14. John went to the movies ______ he knew he would be punished.
(A)deserving (B)even though (C)making sense (D)be upset
15. Sarah’s story made everyone cry. I cried ______. (Choose the one that does not fit.)
(A)as well (B)too (C)so well (D)also
16. Please take out the papers, and take out the plastic bottles ______. (Choose the one that does not fit.)
(A)also (B)too (C)as well (D)as so
17. Luckily no one was ______ in the car accident.
(A)hurt too bad (B)very hurt (C)badly hurt (D)died
18. Many wild animals in Africa are ______ government’s protection.
(A)being (B)under (C)with (D)having
19. You want to marry Tom Cruise? Don’t ______.
(A)just do it (B)be lucky (C)tell them (D)be silly
20. Don’t ______. People can’t fly.
(A)be silly (B)be punished (C)dreaming (D)think of that
21. The sheep locked the door ______ the wolf couldn’t come in.
(A)so much (B)so that (C)so to speak (D)so be it
22. Please move your chairs outside ______ we can clean the floor.
(A)so quickly (B)so much (C)so that (D)so and so
23. Jerry studies during the week ______ he can play on weekends.
(A)so quickly (B)so much (C)so that (D)so and so
24. Spring is the ______ for most animals.
(A)mating season (B)picking mate (C)mate time (D)shortage season
25. Some children don’t eat a lot of foods. They are ______.
(A)picky children (B)shortage eaters (C)picky eaters (D)food representatives
1. I enjoy ______ by my family. This strength helps me face difficulties.
(A)loved (B)love (C)be loving (D)being loved
2. He accepted my advice to stop ______.
(A)smoke (B)smoked (C)smoking (D)being smoked
3. I can be ______ help, just let me know.
(A)for (B)from (C)up (D)of
4. No one is free ______ making mistakes.
(A)for (B)from (C)up (D)with
5. There is no reason ______ me to turn down your offer.
(A)for (B)from (C)up (D)with
6. The manager tried to fix Peter ______ with a job.
(A)for (B)from (C)of (D)up
7. The parents wish their children to be ______ forever.
(A)more happy (B)happy (C)being happy (D)happily
8. It is not a good idea to ______ on a test.
(A)make mistakes (B)have wrongs (C)get mistakes (D)get wrongs
9. If you have ______, correct it.
(A)have one wrong (B)made a mistake (C)get wrong one (D)have mistaken
10. What they said about him made no ______ at all.
(A)mistake (B)believe (C)weight (D)sense
11. When I don’t tell the truth, my parents ______.
(A)upset (B)get up set (C)get upset (D)upsetting
12. On the Internet, you can ______ whoever you want to be.
(A)be (B)call (C)write (D)are
13. Joey came to school ______ he was sick.
(A)in addition (B)of course (C)even though (D)even
14. I respect your opinion ______ I don’t agree with you.
(A)even (B)because (C)in addition (D)even though
15. Everyone loves the koala because it is so ______.
(A)lovable (B)worthwhile (C)flexible (D)okay
16. What was your ______ for getting a zero on your test?
(A)punish (B)punishment (C)punishing (D)punished
17. Leonard learned the ______ of Lori after she left him forever.
(A)worthwhile (B)worthy (C)worth while (D)worth
18. When you give money to help someone or something, you are making a ______.
(A)contribute (B)contribution (C)distribution (D)distribute
19. The students ______ their money and time to help clean up the environment.
(A)contributing (B)contribution (C)contributed (D)contributes
20. ______ has to love my favorite singer’s song. It’s okay if they don’t.
(A)Everyone (B)Some people (C)Not someone (D)Not everyone
21. Yes, I made a mistake. That’s because ______ is perfect.
(A)nobody (B)everybody (C)somebody (D)not everyone
22. Those who laugh ______ you are not your friends.
(A)with (B)at (C)to (D)in
23. I’m sorry, but I might not ______ see you tonight.
(A)can (B)could (C)be able to (D)can go to
24. We go to vocational high school ______ we may learn a job skill.
(A)so that (B)in order to (C)after (D)after all
25. A panda needs to eat ______ of food to stay alive.
(A)a lots (B)lots (C)many (D)much
1. A: I tried to convince my customer to buy our new products.
B: How did you do?
A: Our company gave them a special price.
A: I think so. He said he would make a trial order first.
(A)Congratulations to you. (B)How much is the price?
(C)Did it work? (D)How big was the order?
2. A: Jack was caught cheating on the final.
B: Oh, my goodness. ______
(A)He must be very much disappointed. (B)That would be good news.
(C)Wasn’t he ashamed of his behavior? (D)It is not allowed to cheat me.
3. A: If you don’t lend me money, I would not help you.
B: Hey, I don’t like the way you talk. I think ______.
(A)you have your own money (B)I don’t have any money to lend you
(C)you’d better lend money to them (D)you are threatening me
4. Ruth: What is the lesson on “Try to Remember” mainly about?
John: It is mainly about ______.
(A)applying for a job (B)school experience
(C)travelling business (D)personal growth
5. A: Did you accept his invitation to go to a movie with him?
B: No, I didn’t.
A: Because you don’t like him?
B: That’s correct. I don’t want him to ______.
(A)get the wrong message (B)be disappointed by my reply
(C)be ashamed to have such a friend (D)be refused by me
6. A: Remember to study for your English class after you finish your Chinese homework.
B: I’m never going to leave Taiwan, so ______?
(A)why can’t I just study Chinese (B)why am I just studying Chinese
(C)why is it lucky to study English (D)why am I lucky to study English
7. A: Please be ready to come to the party and dance all night.
B: ______ watch other people dance?
(A)Why is it important (B)Why can’t I just (C)Don’t be silly (D)No one tells me
8. A: Your English homework must be typed on the computer.
B: ______ write it by hand?
(A)Why is it important (B)Why don’t I (C)Why can’t I just (D)It is good to
9. A: My name is Mr. Jordan.
B: ______ call you Michael?
A: Because I’m older than you, and you should show respect.
(A)Why is it (B)What about (C)Why is the name (D)Why can’t I just
10. A: I can’t believe I only got 60 points on my test.
B: ______ get a 60. You were at the KTV all night and you didn’t study!
(A)You’re lucky to (B)You should be lucky if you
(C)You’d like to (D)You can’t just
11. A: Can I learn to speak English in one day?
B: ______. It will take time.
(A)Don’t be silly (B)I’d rather not (C)You should be happy (D)That’s great
12. A: Will I lose weight if I only eat chocolate and nothing else?
B: ______. You need to eat a little bit of everything.
(A)You’d rather not (B)Don’t be silly (C)Don’t eat chocolate (D)I suppose so
13. A: Are pandas related to bears?
B: ______. They are related to raccoons.
(A)I suppose so (B)In fact (C)Don’t be silly (D)You don’t mean to say that
14. A: I saw a ghost!
B: ______. It’s only your cat’s shadow.
(A)I suppose so (B)You are not supposed to
(C)No, I’d rather not (D)Don’t be silly
15. A: I don’t want to eat anything from the inside of an animal.
B: You have to. ______. Here, try some.
(A)They are wise (B)They are good for you
(C)They are disgusting (D)They are vegetables
16. A: ______, pandas best represent China.
B: I think so, too.
(A)I think (B)In my thoughts (C)My opinion (D)In my opinion
17. A: Pandas are big, slow, and stupid.
B: ______. They can climb trees very quickly.
(A)I suppose (B)I see what you mean (C)I don’t agree (D)That’s not what I said
18. A: You said that pandas can grow big and strong from eating only bamboo.
B: ______. I said they eat mainly bamboo.
(A)I never said that (B)Of course (C)I don’t agree (D)I suppose so
19. (Choose the one that does not fit.)
A: If I only eat bamboo, I’ll be as cute as a panda.
(A)I don’t think so (B)Don’t be silly
(C)That’s ridiculous (D)I don’t feel like it
20. A: I wish I were a male lion.
B: Why’s that?
A: ______ get up and work.
(A)It’s good to (B)They’re lucky to (C)Why can’t I just (D)No one tells them to
21. A: I don’t want to take my medicine.
B: You are sick, and it is ______.
(A)well in you (B)good to you (C)good for you (D)well to you
22. A: I’m too tired to go swimming with you.
B: Then you should do other exercises. ______ only if you keep doing every day.
(A)They’re good for you (B)You can’t just exercise
(C)You have to be serious (D)You should do that
23. A: I want to be an American.
A: ______ study English.
B: That’s where you are wrong. They have to study English just like you have to study Chinese.
(A)It’s good to (B)No one tells them to (C)Why can’t they just (D)They’re lucky to
24. A: Will you come to Jean’s wedding, as you are having your final exam on the
B: I’ll try my best to solve this problem. ______
(A)As a result, she’ll know. (B)Generally, she will win the test.
(C)After all, she is my cousin. (D)Finally, Jean will be my wife.
25. A: Aren’t you angry about what they said about you?
B: There is no need to get upset. ______, and I can’t change them.
(A)They should be punished (B)They are upset
(C)They are who they are (D)Whatever they want to be