93 年 - 光啟高中九十三學年度英文科第三冊題庫-2#6656
1. In many countries, there is no death ______ in the law. (A)pressure (B)prison (C)exercise (D)sentence
2. Your report is pretty good ______ for a few small typing mistakes. (A)except (B)expect (C)without (D)accept
3. The ______ is too difficult for a nine-year-old boy to solve. (A)principle (B)receipt (C)belief (D)riddle
4. Don’t worry. I’m sure the president will ______ your request. (A)grant (B)grade (C)grand (D)gland
5. We can’t cash the check without your ______. (A)signature (B)characters (C)messages (D)explanation
6. She answered the question immediately without even ______. (A)standing (B)blinking (C)reminding (D)believing
7. I have to ______ the ticket, because I’m afraid I can’t make time for it. (A)remain (B)cancel (C)suggest (D)repeat
8. Cathy always knows what to say at parties. She is very ______. (A)clever (B)outwit (C)forgiving (D)riddle
9. I thought I was smart, but I was ______ by my friend. (A)riddle (B)outwitted (C)picky (D)succeeded
10. The fox is very ______ and hard to catch. (A)riddle (B)outwit (C)clever (D)picky
11. My mother knows a lot about money. She works as a financial ______ to people. (A)adviser (B)condition (C)cleverness (D)outwit
12. It is hard to find the answer to a ______ sometimes. (A)clever (B)riddle (C)inside (D)outwit
13. The movie star always tries to ______ answering questions about his girlfriend. (A)strand (B)punish (C)avoid (D)deserve
14. Many people believe that ______ are green with big black eyes. (A)traces (B)mysteries (C)seaweed (D)aliens
15. The singer’s child was ______ for money. (A)kidnapped (B)vanished (C)avoided (D)stranded
16. I can’t believe he tried to ______ his neighbor’s child to get money! (A)vanish (B)kidnap (C)wreck (D)strand
17. Because Taiwan is an island, it is easy to go and see the ______ from everywhere. (A)alien (B)trace (C)coast (D)sail
18. My homework was on the desk, but it disappears without a ______. (A)vanish (B)search (C)mystery (D)trace
19. To many people, China is a ______ place. (A)mysterious (B)coast (C)avoid (D)vanished
20. Please ______ asking the teacher how old she is. She does not like it. (A)trace (B)avoid (C)advice (D)outwit
21. The magician made the money ______ completely in front of everyone. (A)lack (B)mysterious (C)vanish (D)stranded
22. You cannot go to the restaurant with us until you know how to eat ______. (A)mysteriously (B)vanished (C)equipped (D)properly
23. It’s amazing how Alice ______ for five days without food. (A)survived (B)kidnapped (C)mystery (D)stranded
24. Mr. and Mrs. Bowen are trying to save their ______ marriage. (A)properly (B)wrecked (C)kidnapped (D)vanished
25. If you want to do things quickly and correctly, make sure you have all the right ______ first. (A)equipment (B)trace (C)properly (D)alien
1. Ken ______ on Roy by hiding Roy’s homework. (A)played a joke (B)joked (C)was joking (D)had a joking time
2. Lisa became angry when her friends ______ her. (A)made jokes with (B)played a joke on (C)told jokes with (D)had some jokes with
3. I don’t like it when people ______ me. (A)playing jokes with (B)play and joking with (C)play jokes on (D)jokingly playful
4. The king ______ to win the war. (A)set away (B)went by (C)went out (D)set out
5. The princess ______ to find the dragon and killed it. (A)set out (B)gone out (C)set away (D)set up
6. The children ______ to visit their grandmother. (A)set up (B)set out (C)set away (D)set far
7. Cinderella was the girl ______ the prince’s ______. (A)in; dreams (B)of; wishes (C)of; dreams (D)in; wishes
8. Tom Cruise is the man ______ Lisa’s ______. (A)in; dreams (B)of; wishes (C)in; wishes (D)of; dreams
9. Lisa is perfect. She is everything Roy’s ______ a girlfriend. (A)wanted so much (B)found to be perfect (C)ever wanted in (D)so loved in
10. Nicole Kidman is ______ Michael has ever wanted ______ a girlfriend. (A)everything; of (B)everything; in (C)all of; in (D)all of; with
11. Eric is nice, funny, and rich. He’s ______ Wendy’s ______ wanted in a husband. (A)everything; ever (B)all that; even (C)everything; so much (D)all; wish
12. Fran is in love with Wally because of what she ______ him. (A)finds about (B)loves with (C)sees in (D)attracted to
13. If you know Roy like I do, you will ______ a nice, caring person ______ him. (A)find; about (B)like; about (C)enjoy; in (D)see; in
14. I hope everyone will like me ______, not what I look like. (A)for who I am (B)by who I am (C)in myself (D)with myself
15. Beautiful people sometimes don’t know if their friends like them ______ or just what they look like. (A)by who they are (B)for who they are (C)be with them (D)in themselves
16. We’ve had this book in the family ______ my great-grandparents. (A)as soon as (B)as long ago as (C)long ago (D)far away
17. The history of tea started ______ as the time of early China. (A)as soon (B)long away (C)as long ago (D)as far back from
18. The rain ______ the traffic. (A)slowed more (B)speed down (C)jammed down (D)slowed down
19. Losing my homework on the bus was the ______ that happened today. (A)worst thing (B)worse thing (C)bad thing (D)most bad thing
20. My cat disappeared without ______. (A)leaving signs (B)leaving a trace (C)showing traces (D)showing signs of traces
21. The important papers disappeared ______ a trace. (A)not showing (B)leaving nothing (C)without leaving (D)having without
22. Nick took my pencil. ______, he took my eraser, too. (Choose one that does not fit.) (A)What is more (B)Even though (C)In addition (D)Also
23. The ghost vanished without leaving ______. (A)a shadow (B)a sign (C)a chance (D)a trace
24. Ships have disappeared there. ______, planes have disappeared, too. (A)What is more (B)Regardless (C)Even though (D)On the other hand
25. Luanne seems to have vanished from the ______. (A)top of the land (B)face of the earth (C)top of the world (D)all over the earth
1. He wanted to marry a girl who was just ______ as he was. (A)as clever (B)cleverness (C)cleverly (D)same clever
2. He ______ out to look for a girl as he wanted to marry. (A)handed (B)looked (C)took (D)set
3. The king came to a village ______ a girl named Carmelita lived. (A)which (B)where (C)what (D)why
4. She looked him straight ______ the eye and answered his questions slowly. (A)on (B)at (C)in (D)to
5. After knowing his watch was stolen, he ______. (A)becomes angry (B)becomes angrily (C)became angry (D)became angrily
6. She bought a tie ______ cost her two hundred dollars. (A)which (B)what (C)where (D)why
7. I can speak two languages ______ my sister speaks four languages. (A)which (B)where (C)whereas (D)while
8. ______ in my garden is a yellow bird. (A)Fly (B)Flying (C)To fly (D)Flew
9. ______ the piano lay a black cat. (A)Over (B)On (C)Why (D)Where
10. Once upon ______ there lived three little pigs. (A)a time (B)the past (C)in history (D)far away
11. There was a sleeping princess once upon ______. (A)the past (B)a time (C)far away (D)in history
12. ______ a time there was a dragon in this lake. (A)Far ago (B)In the past (C)Once upon (D)On the past
13. ______ there were dinosaurs on earth. (A)Long time ago (B)Very early ago (C)In the past time (D)Once upon a time
14. Love is the ______ important thing in the world. (A)most (B)main (C)very (D)much
15. My friends are the ______ important things in the world to me. (A)main (B)most (C)very (D)much
16. To a baby, the mother is the ______ thing in the world. (A)main (B)very clever (C)most important (D)impossible
17. Please help me ______ my glasses. I can’t see things without them. (A)look into (B)watch over (C)watch on (D)look for
18. There are many ______ about where people go after they die. (A)believe (B)beliefs (C)believing (D)believes
19. People have many strange ______ about the Bermuda Triangle. (A)beliefs (B)believe (C)believes (D)believing
20. Before you give your report, please check and make sure your computer is working ______. (A)good (B)better (C)properly (D)property
21. In our chemistry classroom, most of the ______ is made of glass. (A)government (B)equipment (C)condiments (D)efficiency
22. It must be raining outside. There are ______ of mud on your shoes. (A)traces (B)seaweed (C)holes (D)patches
23. The person who helped me disappeared ______ leaving ______. (A)by; trace (B)not; sign (C)without; signal (D)without; a trace
24. The search team found survivors in the ______ plane body. (A)vanished (B)sailing (C)wrecked (D)avoided
25. The police had to clean up the ______ car after the accident. (A)vanished (B)wrecked (C)stranded (D)traced
1. A: David is the boy of my dreams.
B: The boy next door who plays football?
(A)He is every thing I’ve ever wanted in a boyfriend.
(B)He is the boy I have ever known who plays the guitar just awfully.
(C)As a matter of fact, John once taught me playing the piano.
(D)Shopping with David is not preferable.
2. A: This is my first trip to Kenting National Park.
B: Is that right? ______
(A)I hope you have a wonderful trip.
(B)I’m not worried about it.
(C)And how long have you spent the time?
(D)How long was your vacation?
3. A: Would you tell me how to take the bus to the Palace Museum?
B: Sorry, ______. I am a stranger here.
(A)it is located in the north of Taiwan (B)it sounds inviting
(C)it’s not a bad idea (D)I have no idea
4. A: Where are you going to take a trip for your vacation?
(A)I always like to travel from place to place.
(B)I’m planning to go to Kenting National Park.
(C)I visited some of my classmates in the south of Taiwan.
(D)I myself went to L.A. this summer and told you about my trip.
5. A: Did she know the answer to that question?
B: Yes. She answered right away ______.
A: Really? How amazing! I thought it was a very difficult problem.
(A)without even blinking (B)except nobody knew it
(C)as long as she worked hard (D)only if you could help
6. A: You seem to enjoy the show very much.
B: Not really. ______, I prefer to stay at home.
(A)Generally speaking (B)As a matter of fact
(C)Once in a while (D)It doesn’t really matter
7. A: Do you know ______?
B: I don’t think so. It’s too difficult for me.
(A)who is standing over there (B)how to get to the museum
(C)the answer to this riddle (D)the lady who taught us last year
8. A: I don’t think you can solve the problem.
B: Why not? As Ben could do it, I can, too.
A: Really? So, you think ______?
B: At least, I wouldn’t be less clever.
(A)you could always win (B)you can outwit him
(C)the problem was easy (D)you can answer any question
9. A: You look like you are in love.
B: Yes. I met the girl ______ yesterday on the internet.
(A)of my dreams (B)in my dreams (C)to my dreams (D)inside my dreams
10. A: Why do you like Gerald?
B: He’s nice, sweet, and he knows how to cook.
A: He sounds like the man ______.
(A)in my dreams (B)of my dreams (C)to my dreams (D)inside my dreams
11. A: I don’t think I’ll ever get married.
B: Well, tell me about ______.
A: He must be handsome, rich, funny, no parents or siblings, and never
had a girlfriend.
B: Okay. I don’t think you’ll ever get married, either.
(A)the guy you dream (B)the man of dreams
(C)the man of your dreams (D)guys you dream about
12. A: I can’t believe Susan left me for another guy!
B: I’m sorry to hear that. What happened?
A: I don’t know. All ______ from her was her complete love and attention. Is that too much to ask for?
(A)I waited (B)she gave me (C)I’ve never got (D)I’ve ever wanted
13. Alex: Can you imagine ______ to be in a plane crash?
Robert: That’s a pretty scary thought. I don’t want to think about it.
(A)what would happen if (B)who would like (C)when it can happen (D)what it would be like
14. John: What do you think of this beef noodle soup?
Steve: Well, it’s ______ as the one in Snake Alley.
(A)not as good (B)not too good (C)not that great (D)very good
15. Sally: When was the last time you saw a movie?
Harry: It’s been so long. I can’t remember ______ I saw one.
(A)the first ever (B)the movie then (C)the last time (D)the new time
16. David: I’m looking forward to vacation time.
Amy: Me too. We deserve it. ______ the last three months.
(A)We don’t deserve one at all (B)We really have worked hard (C)We should have worked harder (D)We don’t need any education
17. A: Why did Laura leave me?
B: Here. She left you a letter. It ______ she left.
(A)can show you reasons to (B)may explain something
(C)is explained for (D)may help explain why
18. A: Why do we have to study history?
B: This way, we can learn about things that happened at ______.
(A)times in different spaces (B)the changed time
(C)different points in time (D)past time
19. (Find the one that does not fit.)
A: I saw a space alien last night.
(A)I find it hard to believe. (B)Why have you? (C)Really? (D)What was its name?
20. A: Captain! Please jump on the boats with us!
B: No. A captain must go down with his ______.
(A)sinking ship (B)sailing ship (C)stranded ship (D)vanished ship
21. A: How did you hurt yourself?
B: The electricity went out in our house. I ______, and fell down the stairs.
(A)could not see clear directions (B)saw I was going nowhere
(C)could see nothing of directions (D)couldn’t see where I was going
22. A: How did the accident happen?
B: It was so foggy that we ______, and we hit a tree.
(A)could not see clear directions (B)saw we were going nowhere
(C)couldn’t see where we were going (D)could see nothing of directions
23. (Choose the one that does not fit.)
A: Good-bye. I’m going back to Australia tonight.
B: ______. I hope we will meet again soon.
(A)Take care (B)That’s okay (C)It was nice knowing you (D)Have a nice trip
24. A: I’m leaving tomorrow. I will not come back ever again.
B: Well, ______.
(A)It was really nice knowing you (B)See you soon
(C)Talk to you later (D)Take care, and we’ll meet again
25. A: If you want a quiet place, don’t go to Tamshui at sunset.
B: Why not?
A: everyday to see the sunset.
(A)Some people head there (B)Few people visit there
(C)People who are in love (D)Thousands of people go there