93 年 - 光啟高中九十三學年度英文科第三冊題庫-3#6657
1. A: Do you believe what he said?
B: No, I don’t think that kind of monster ever ______.
(A)existed (B)stayed (C)lives (D)locates
2. We moved to another city last month. The ______ of our new house is between a museum and a library.
(A)situation (B)circumstance (C)environment (D)location
3. This material feels so comfortable. It is made of ______ silk.
(A)imported (B)natural (C)regional (D)western
4. Bill Jackson is our regular ______. He shops at our store almost every day.
(A)relative (B)customer (C)counselor (D)professor
5. I can’t believe that you don’t know him. He is so ______ that almost everyone knows him.
(A)general (B)gentle (C)famous (D)intelligent
6. They are now the fourth generation of ______ to the U.S. Their ancestors moved there from Germany in 1910s.
(A)important (B)professionals (C)westerners (D)immigrants
7. I don’t know whom I should trust. Your ______ of the story is quite different from what Jack told me.
(A)version (B)present (C)example (D)style
8. You can eat different kinds of ______ dishes of China in Taiwan, such as Dim Sum, Mongolian Bar-B-Q, or the Sichuan foods.
(A)international (B)domestic (C)regional (D)national
9. People who live in Northern China eat more ______ than rice.
(A)wheat (B)natural (C)spicy (D)pepper
10. It is ______ for girls to be taller than boys in junior high school.
(A)increasingly (B)natural (C)influence (D)exists
11. Michael never eats anything ______, such as pepper, before he has to sing.
(A)taste (B)raw (C)spicy (D)wheat
12. French fries are fried in a lot of ______.
(A)pepper (B)garlic (C)wheat (D)oil
13. If a fish comes from a river, then it’s not a ______ fish.
(A)natural (B)salt-water (C)spicy (D)raw
14. At the fruit market, one can find an ______ of fruits.
(A)location (B)organ (C)assortment (D)apples
15. Women used to make many ______ to give away as gifts.
(A)styles (B)crafts (C)sparrows (D)displays
16. Alan has a ______ of the river from his office.
(A)view (B)location (C)display (D)assortment
17. A ______ is a place where people go dancing.
(A)capital (B)hotel (C)restaurant (D)disco
18. Jim’s parents are always looking for a ______ wife for him. She must be smart and beautiful.
(A)suitable (B)assorted (C)bustling (D)located
19. Barbie grew up in America. Her thinking is more ______ than her cousins in Taiwan.
(A)capitalized (B)westernized (C)bustling (D)scattered
20. The night market is always quiet in the morning, but ______ at night.
(A)scattered (B)westernized (C)bustling (D)necessary
21. Before you start cooking, make sure you have all the ______ you need.
(A)spicy (B)garlic (C)assortment (D)ingredients
22. It is ______ to take a plane to go to Japan.
(A)necessary (B)located (C)suitable (D)bustling
23. The glass fell, and pieces of it ______ all over the floor.
(A)located (B)scattered (C)necessarily (D)viewed
24. The dictionaries are ______ on the second floor of the bookstore.
(A)scattered (B)worthwhile (C)located (D)assorted
25. I enjoy window shopping because I like looking at the window ______.
(A)view (B)location (C)lifestyle (D)display
1. My father likes baseball. I like baseball ______.
(A)as much (B)as well (C)as him (D)as good
2. Nathan enjoys rap music. He enjoys country music ______.
(A)as well (B)as good (C)as much (D)as rap
3. She taught me how to speak English. She taught my sister ______.
(A)as good (B)as much (C)as well (D)as me
4. Young people ______ dress differently from their parents.
(A)intends to (B)tending with (C)taking to (D)tend to
5. That teacher’s tests ______ be very difficult.
(A)tend to (B)usually (C)always seem (D)likely to
6. Elizabeth ______ prefer sad movies.
(A)usually watches to (B)tends to (C)always seems (D)likely to
7. Our homework ______ increase as we get older.
(A)never ends (B)always grows (C)tends to (D)keeps on
8. ______ common household chores is taking out the trash.
(A)I hate many (B)No one likes the (C)One of them (D)One of the most
9. ______ famous Chinese musicians is Yo-Yo Ma.
(A)One of the most (B)One person who is (C)The person who (D)The most likely
10. Besides tofu, ______ ingredient in the miso soup is seaweed.
(A)other (B)another (C)the other (D)many other
11. Cats are common household pets. ______ common household pet is the dog.
(A)Other (B)The other (C)Another (D)Many other
12. I am hungry. I ______ eating an elephant.
(A)want to (B)feeling hunger (C)would like (D)feel like
13. When you don’t know a language, all the words sound ______.
(A)same (B)just like (C)the same (D)same as it
14. Ramona’s parents like to teach her about life by using many Chinese ______.
(A)sayings (B)talks (C)speeches (D)reports
15. Chinese ______ come from thousands of years of wisdom and experience.
(A)talks (B)speeches (C)speaking (D)sayings
16. These flowers will be ______ by next month.
(A)in complete blooming (B)in full bloom (C)bloom in full (D)flowering full
17. People all want to go to the mountains when the flowers are ______.
(A)in full blooming (B)bloom in full (C)in full bloom (D)blooming in full
18. This book talks about friendship ______ family relations.
(A)also with (B)as well as (C)in addition (D)just more
19. Use a map, so you don’t ______ the wrong direction.
(A)head for (B)go by (C)use with (D)read from
20. When the sun comes out, we will ______ the top of the mountain.
(A)go forward (B)walk with (C)head for (D)walk for
21. “Survivors of big disasters must have future luck” is a Chinese ______.
(A)talk (B)speech (C)saying (D)speak
22. Her idea ______. I think it will work.
(A)sounds well (B)sounds good (C)sounds not bad (D)sounds not wrong
23. In a big city, the choices of good restaurants are ______.
(A)assortment (B)endless (C)very much (D)more
24. When the flowers are ______ in the spring, the whole mountain is red and pink.
(A)in full bloom (B)bloom in full (C)flowering full (D)in complete blooming
25. When you are tired, you can go to the ______ in the mountains to relax.
(A)hot water (B)hot springs (C)warm springs (D)warm rivers
1. Nancy prefers apples ______ grapes.
(A)at (B)with (C)to (D)from
2. There ______ many local dishes that are special and delicious in Taiwan.
(A)are (B)have been (C)were (D)had been
3. She gave me a microwave and taught me how to cook ______.
(A)as if (B)as well as (C)as long as (D)as well
4. Do you know that lots of the early immigrants to Taiwan ______ Fujian?
(A)come in (B)came from (C)coming to (D)have come at
5. Taiwan is an island ______ a history of immigration.
(A)to (B)in (C)with (D)of
6. Jane comes from the south. She prefers the food ______ the lighter side.
(A)in (B)to (C)at (D)on
7. Wheat is grown through out northern China ______ rice is common in the south.
(A)while (B)meantime (C)in the time (D)during
8. People who live in the northern part of China are ______ noodles.
(A)fond of (B)like (C)interesting in (D)special for
9. Joe’s taste in food ______ be lighter.
(A)forward to (B)attending to (C)tends to (D)coming to
10. Norma loves cats. She loves dogs ______.
(A)as well (B)as good (C)as fine (D)as okay
11. Pigs eat vegetables and meat ______.
(A)as good (B)as well (C)as much (D)as many
12. Wild pigs ______ be skinnier than pigs raised by humans.
(A)show to (B)influenced (C)tend to (D)exist to
13. Young people today ______ be taller than their parents.
(A)exist to (B)influenced to (C)showed for (D)tend to
14. My father likes to climb mountains because he loves being in ______.
(A)nature (B)natural (C)naturally (D)the nature
15. It is only ______ for babies to want to stand up and walk.
(A)nature (B)natural (C)naturally (D)naturalized
16. It is hard to decide which cake I want from the ______ cakes.
(A)assortment (B)sort (C)assorted (D)sorting
17. Every day, the post office workers must ______ the mail.
(A)assort (B)sort (C)assortment (D)sorting
18. In that music store, there is an ______ of music CDs from all over the world.
(A)assortment (B)assorted (C)sort (D)sorting
19. Nicky helped that old woman ______ the house she was looking for.
(A)location (B)locating (C)located (D)locate
20. Her store is in a very good ______, but her business is not good.
(A)locate (B)locating (C)location (D)located
21. When a city is ______, many traditional things disappear.
(A)western (B)westernized (C)westernizing (D)be west
22. The children today like to eat hamburgers. They prefer a ______ diet.
(A)westernized (B)west (C)westernizing (D)westernize
23. Irene is still looking for a man ______ to be her boyfriend.
(A)suit (B)suiting (C)to suit (D)suitable
24. The clothes that are popular this spring do not ______ me very well.
(A)suiting (B)suited (C)suit (D)suitable
25. Businessmen usually have to wear a ______ to work.
(A)suitable (B)suit (C)hat (D)brief case
1. A: Shall we go out for dinner tonight?
B: Sorry, I’m afraid not. I’ve been pretty much in tight budget lately.
A: Don’t worry. ______. It’s my payday today.
(A)Let me treat you, then (B)Nothing is more important than dinner
(C)Everybody has to eat, anyway (D)It’s a good restaurant
2. A: Are you interested in Sichuan or Hunan foods?
B: I don’t think so. They are too ______.
(A)sweet (B)light (C)spicy (D)bitter
3. A: I’m tired of eating fast food all the time.
B: I understand. Fast food is not healthy to us, either.
A: What do you suggest for dinner tonight?
B: I’ll let you decide.
A: OK, ______, then.
(A)the McDonald restaurant offers good fried chickens
(B)give me some french fries and sandwiches
(C)why don’t we try the drive-through and get some hamburgers
(D)let’s try the new restaurant that offers great Japanese food
4. A: What kind of Chinese food would you prefer for dinner?
B: What kind? Isn’t Chinese food all the same?
A: No! Different parts of China ______.
(A)grow wheat and rice (B)have different foods
(C)have different people (D)are located in different regions
5. A: When some Westerners think of Chinese cooking, why do they usually refer to the Cantonese food?
B: That is because ______.
(A)they are so fond of Cantonese food, especially Dim Sum
(B)they know nothing about China except Cantonese culture
(C)they first learned about China through the southern parts of China
(D)they had sent many business people to the south of China before
6. A: Do you want to eat at home or go out tonight?
B: ______. Italian food.
(A)Let’s go out and eat (B)We can eat (C)Going out to eat (D)I prefer eating out
7. A: ______?
B: I want something light tonight, like a salad.
(A)What is light to eat (B)What do you feel like eating
(C)How’s the salad (D)Would you like a salad before your main course
8. A: ______?
B: I don’t want to do anything. I’m too tired.
(A)What to do (B)How are you doing
(C)What do you feel like doing (D)How do you do
9. A: ______? Coke or Pepsi?
B: No thanks. I’m not thirsty.
(A)Which is better tasting (B)How are they different in taste
(C)What’s the difference (D)What do you feel like drinking
10. A: I don’t understand Phil’s English.
B: That’s because he is from New Zealand. They have a different accent there.
A: ______? Doesn’t English sound the same everywhere?
(A)What do you mean (B)How different
(C)Which is more English (D)Why New Zealand
11. A: Why does Richard say Caaaah-ds for cards?
B: That’s because he’s from Boston.
A: ______? Don’t all Americans speak the same way?
(A)What do you mean (B)How different (C)Which is right (D)Why Boston
12. A: I want to eat at the night market food tonight.
B: Okay. Which night market?
B: No, different night markets have different famous foods.
(A)Don’t they have food at the night market
(B)Aren’t night markets all the same
(C)Aren’t they open at night
(D)Don’t you know where they are
13. A: I love Taiwanese food.
B: Really? Food from which city?
A: Isn’t Taiwanese food all the same everywhere?
B: No! Different parts of Taiwan ______.
(A)don’t find the same food everywhere (B)have dishes on the sweet side
(C)have different foods (D)can’t find other foods
14. A: I’ll be back in two hours.
B: That’s fine. ______.
(A)See you in two hours (B)Take care (C)It was nice meeting you (D)Keep in touch
15. A: ______. Could you tell me how to get to the airport?
B: Sure. Go straight for five blocks. It will be on your right.
(A)I’m sorry (B)Excuse me (C)Pardon my language (D)I apologize
16. A: ______. Is there a telephone nearby?
B: Yes. It is next to the post office.
(A)Pardon my language (B)I apologize (C)Excuse me (D)I’m sorry
17. A: Where is the train station?
B: Turn left, walk two blocks, and you will see it ______.
(A)by your right (B)at your right (C)over your right side (D)on your right
18. A: We are going to be late for the meeting.
B: Let’s take a taxi, then. ______.
(A)It’s faster (B)It’s more expensive (C)It’s cleaner (D)It’s air-conditioned
19. A: I want to go somewhere, but I don’t have too much money.
B: Let’s go ______. It will be cheaper.
(A)somewhere a taxi goes (B)somewhere the MRT goes
(C)somewhere the train drives (D)somewhere the bus passes
20. (Choose the one that does not fit.)
A: Where should I visit if I go to Taipei?
B: ______ the Snake Alley.
(A)You should go to (B)I think you’d better (C)I can’t tell you (D)Don’t miss
21. (Choose the one that does not fit.)
A: I lost my train ticket.
B: ______ buy another one.
(A)You should go and (B)I think you’d better (C)Don’t forget to (D)I don’t have to
22. A: Excuse me. Where is the night market?
B: ______. I don’t live around here.
(A)I have no idea (B)Of course (C)Who’s looking anyway (D)You should visit it
23. A: Are tea houses better in Taichung?
(A)I agree (B)I am not sure (C)I must go (D)I don’t feel like it
24. (Choose the one that does not fit.)
A: Is it going to rain this afternoon?
B: ______. You might want to watch the weather report.
(A)I’m not sure (B)I’m not certain (C)It might (D)I don’t feel like it
25. (Choose the one that does not fit.)
A: Taipei may be a big, modern city, but it has a traditional side.
A: Just go to Tihua Street around Chinese New Year, and you’ll see.
(A)It is true (B)You must be joking (C)I don’t believe it (D)That can’t be true