96 年 - 台南女中96學年度英文科代理教師甄選試題#885
Christopher was diagnosed as _____. He has odd obsessions, is terrified of loud noises and doesn’t play with other children.
(A) arduous (B) autistic (C) apathetic (D) antagonistic
Whenever she spots the man she secretly adores, she _____ a look of indifference, as is very
usual to girls.
(A) feigns (B) assuages (C) lures (D) prods
3. This island is a colony; however, in most matters, it is _____ and receives no orders from the
(A) analogous (B) amphibious (C) autonomous (D) audacious
4. The reporter constantly _____ the manager with telephone calls until he promised to give the
(A) pestered (B) rendered (C) pledged (D) exempted
5. The act of removing a woman’s veil in public is condemned as _____ in Saudi Arabia.
(A) relentless (B) auspicious (C) sporadic (D) blasphemous
6. His grandfather’s illness was _____ by the sudden change of temperature early this morning.
(A) aggravated (B) assimilated (C) accelerated (D) allocated
7. At several points in his discussion, David, in effect, _____ evidence when it does not support his argument, tailoring it to his needs.
(A) addresses (B) suppresses (C) substitutes (D) alters
8. The deposits of phosphorus produce a vague _____ that attracts animals after dark.
(A) excavation (B) illumination (C) idealization (D) vibration
Juan Rodrigues Cabrillo was a Portuguese-born explorer who is ___ with the exploration of the coast of what is today the state of California.
(A) indebted (B) acclaimed (C) credited (D) entitled
Sketchy military records from the period show that early in his career he served with the Spanish army from 1520 to 1524 in Spain’s quest for
___ of the people in what are today Cuba, Mexico, and Guatemala.
(A) alienation (B) subjugation (C) demolition (D) manipulation