99 年 - 台灣電力公司99年度養成班及用人當地化甄試試題英文#16457
16. I went to the store ___.
(A) walking (B) by walk (C) by feet (D) on foot
17.1 like to___time___my family.
(A) have.. .at (B) have.. .to (C) spend.. .with (D) spend.. .for
18, The flooding after the typhoon_____many houses.
(A) cut out (B) swept away (C) turned on (D) blew down
19.I might have the chance to visit the theater____person.
(A) to (B) in (C) of (D) at
20. Most of the people in my office want to stay ____, so they exercise regularly.
(A) in love (B) in hope (C) in mind (D) in shape
21. When a big company goes out of business it is usually all ____the news.
(A) off (B) over (C) about (D) around
22. In this industry, you really need to keep_____if you don’t want to be caught off guard.
(A) your head up (B) an arm and a leg t' (C) tooth and nail (D) in the stars
23. Tim knows smoking is unhealthy but he is having a hard time____.
(A) starting (B) sharing (C) holding (D) quitting
24. I______use a payphone. I just use my cellphone instead.
(A) often (B) rarely (C) usually (D) always
25. That is my____favorite restaurant. The service is bad and the food doesn’t taste good.
(A) most (B) best (C) least (D) worst
26. A cat got into the kennel last night and created a tremendous____.
(A) ruckus (B) evidence (C) temptation (D) aviary
27. Working at your computer for a long time can ____ pain in your wrists.
(A) avoid (B) cause (C) improve (D) solve
28. This restaurant makes good sandwiches. They will even _____ your bread for free.
(A) eat (B) pass (C) taste (D) toast
29. You should always _____ your opinions politely.
(A) apply (B) replace (C) interest (D) express
30. Many families are struggling to _____ during this recession.
(A) get up (B) get by (C) get out (D) get away
31. The government is taking a very ____ approach to managing this economic crisis.
(A) rustic (B) cautious (C) numerous (D) abundant
32. My coworkers have been working hard to _____ a fuel shortage next summer.
(A) chatter (B) suggest (C) prevent (D) deserve
33. Anna has been asking Henry to eat more healthily but he hasn’t been
_____ by her arguments.
(A) texted (B) boasted (C) swayed (D) confessed
34. There is only a little juice left in the _____ .
(A) counter (B) gallon (C) pitcher (D) response
35. It took the Davies’ fifteen years to complete that ____ mansion.
(A) assorted (B) verified (C) reiterated (D) palatial
36. I think thunder is scary, _____ lightning is beautiful.
(A) if (B) or (C) but (D) nor
37. Imagine _____ an extra day off this weekend. That would be great.
(A) have (B) having (C) had (D) have had
38. What can you tell me about _____ the subway in Tokyo?
(A) ride (B) rode (C) riding (D) to ride
39. If you_my children, what subjects ____ you teach them?
(A) teach.. .did (B) teach.. .does (C) taught.. .were (D) taught.. .would
40. I’d _____go to the zoo ______ visit the museum.
(A) prefer...to (B) rather...to (C) prefer...than (D) rather...than
41. The food critic was famous for _____ chefs that didn’t give him complimentary dinner.
(A) msult (B) to insult (C) his insulting (D) insulting
42. Newspapers are a good way to hear the news.___TV news programs.
(A) So are (B) So can (C) So is (D) So do
43. Sara felt_tired_exercise yesterday.
(A) too...to (B) as...as (C) either...or (D) mere...than
44. The best way to buy train tickets_book online.
(A) do (B) does (C) is to (D) are to
45. The Ministry of Defense has faced numerous difficulties getting volunteers _____ in the military.
(A) be enlisting (B) who enlist (C) that enlist (D) to enlist
46. There is a beautifully____lion in the lobby of the building.
(A) carve (B) carved (C) carves (D) carving
47. Janine will probably lose her job ______ her boss in front of the entire staff last week.
(A) has scolded (B) going to scold (C) who scolds (D) for scolding
48 ._____the family income, the Chang’s could afford to buy a new car.
(A) Besides augments (B) Having augmented (C) Sir.ce augmenting (D) Going to augment
49. Just look at how much we _____ when we worked together last week.
(A) accomplished (B) can accomplish
(C) have accomplished (D) have been accomplishing
50. Do you have__for one thousand dollars?
(A) change (B) a change (C) changes (D) some changes
Do you 51 traveling? Many people do. There are many benefits of traveling for people of all
ages. It gives people a chance to see new places 52 do new things. It also allows people to
experience new cultures and meet new people.
The good news for travelers is that international travel has never been easier. Not only are there many modes of transportation available, but the Internet makes bookings and reservations 53 .
While 54 people have always traveled to exotic places, organized tours have now made it
possible for everyone to enjoy the world around them. Tours are also designed to 55 the needs of people with very different budget requirements. With so many ways to travel, what are you waiting for?
【題組】51. (A) try (B) enjoy (C) dislike (D) participate
【題組】52. (A) and (B) with (C) but (D) for
【題組】53. (A) easier than ever (B) easy than before (C) harder than before (D) hard than ever
【題組】54, (A) applied (B) depressed (C) dangerous (D) adventurous
【題組】55. (A) met (B) meet (C) meeting (D) have met