103 年 - 台灣電力公司103 年度新進雇用人員甄試試題 英文#16964
1. The crowds ___ huge last weekend.
(A) is (B) are (C) was (D) were
2. Where are the keys? Can you help ___ find them?
(A) I (B) my (C) me (D) mine
3. Don’t leave the window___. It wastes electricity.
(A) open (B) opens (C) opening (D) opened
4. The mechanic doesn’t think you ___ anything. The car is just getting old.
(A) break (B) breaks (C) broke (D) broken
5. She said she will ___ me to a new restaurant next weekend.
(A) takes (B) take (C) took (D) taken
6. Trevor ___ the kettle with water each evening.
(A) fill (B) fills (C) filling (D) filled
7. Sandra and Tammy have already ___ to their podcast.
(A) listen (B) listens (C) listening (D) listened
8. It is company policy to maintain a sizeable ___ of fuel.
(A) reserve (B) reserves (C) reserving (D) reserved
9. I’ve been ___ with that question all night.
(A) wrestle (B) wrestles (C) wrestling (D) wrestled
10. I’d like to ___ this phone for another one, please.
(A) exchange (B) exchanges (C) exchanging (D) exchanged
11. When you added salt to the soup, its flavor ___ quite a bit.
(A) enhances (B) was enhanced (C) is enhancing (D) could enhance
12. The weather is terrible. I don’t recommend ___ out.
(A) venture (B) ventures (C) to venture (D) venturing
13. We haven’t renovated in many years and now we have ___ some new office furniture.
(A) purchase (B) purchases (C) to purchase (D) am purchasing
14. To whom was that man ___?
(A) refer (B) refers (C) referring (D) to refer
15. She ___ hopes she doesn’t have to give a report.
(A) honest (B) honestly (C) dishonest (D) dishonesty
16. With any luck, the company will soon be operating ___ the black.
(A) at (B) in (C) on (D) up
17. It can be hard to deal ___ criticism, but you have to roll with the punches.
(A) in (B) on (C) out (D) with
18. People who live in glass houses shouldn’t cast stones ___ other people.
(A) in (B) on (C) at (D) with
19. She wishes she ___ her own boss.
(A) is (B) are (C) was (D) were
20. Working outside in the summer makes me ___ a lot.
(A) sweat (B) taste (C) believe (D) feed
21. Terry received a ___ award during the retirement ceremony.
(A) sore (B) sick (C) scared (D) special
22. Assigning one person to this job was a ___. I should have assigned two people.
(A) drama (B) quarter (C) mistake (D) ketchup
23. You need safety gear. What ___ do you take?
(A) rest (B) size (C) wing (D) trash
24. I was ___ for an important meeting. My boss was very disappointed.
(A) lost (B) late (C) long (D) left
25. The fence is made out of ___.
(A) merit (B) sprite (C) lens (D) iron
26. Janet is ___ so she will be on leave next month.
(A) pregnant (B) multiple (C) expensive (D) financial
27. Taking a ___ is a popular way to spend a vacation.
(A) tuition (B) resident (C) cruise (D) stroke
28. We’ll be ordering ___ for the office on Friday.
(A) getaway (B) prototype (C) hemisphere (D) stationery
29. I’m glad we hired Markus. He’s good at his job and a ___ young manager.
(A) promising (B) delighted (C) habitual (D) attractive
30. Mr. Chang has been asked to join a ___ discussion at the conference.
(A) quilt (B) syrup (C) hawk (D) panel
31. We need to resolve three ___ at the meeting.
(A) issues (B) organs (C) scarves (D) gowns
32. We shouldn’t be quick to draw conclusions, ___ of what the media says.
(A) likewise (B) regardless (C) in short (D) for instance
33. Be sure to ___ to the message by tomorrow afternoon.
(A) hush (B) reply (C) claim (D) grieve
34. “I’m Lovin’ It” has been a successful ___ for McDonalds.
(A) slogan (B) boulder (C) garment (D) dynasty
35. Most of Jenson’s shirts are ___ colors like light pink and yellow.
(A) groundless (B) behavior (C) reward (D) pastel
Sam and Mark are working on a group project. They begin by making a 36 of tasks they need to complete. They 37 do some research and analysis. Then they need to write a report. Finally, they will need to put together a presentation.
Once they have a plan, it’s time to 38 work. Sam uses the Internet to 39 the information they need. Mark creates a spreadsheet for the data they find. They create a graph and look at their spreadsheet. Something is wrong. The results don’t make 40 . Sam sees the problem. Mark has entered the data upside down!
【題組】36. (A)checklist (B) printer (C) notebook (D) aircraft
【題組】37. (A)need (B) needs (C) need to (D) needed
【題組】38. (A)start (B) starts (C) starting (D) started
【題組】39. (A)look (B) see (C) find (D) watch
【題組】40. (A)idea (B) good (C) reason (D) sense