101 年 - 桃園縣縣立高級中學101學年度教師聯合甄選筆試試題(英文科前10題單字)#8482
1. Mary’s particular ___ was a fear of heights.
(A) elixir (B) neurosis (C) encomium (D) atrium
2. The hot days in June were a ___ to summer floods that were sure to come.
(A) precursor (B) pedestrian (C) impediment (D) expedient
3. Averagely speaking, the ___ mothers were shown to have more complications
(A) homogeneous (B) de jure (C) primiparous (D) equestrian
4. Her only excuse for her behavior was her noted ___ temper.
(A) jovial (B) Olympian (C) mercurial (D) venereal
5. To rattle the other team, these players usually ___ them constantly.
(A) appease (B) incriminate (C) gravitate (D) hector
6. To maintain healthy and fit, Mary follows a ________ diet plan faithfully.
(A) draconian (B) truculent (C) vicarious (D) obtuse
7. The establishment of the International Criminal Court trumped the
international culture of leadership ______for the commission of atrocity crimes.
(A) temerity (B) ruse (C) propensity (D) impunity
8. Knowing that she has reached the absolute _____ of her career, Jane has
become egotistical, conceited, and completely unapologetic.
(A) hegemony (B) zenith (C) conundrum (D) boon
9. Starving children in some poverty-stricken areas in the world have to ______ for scraps of food and clothes on a toxic mountain of waste.
(A) vacillate (B) undulate (C) scavenge (D) transmute
10. In an unqualified manner, they totally and ________ denied the charges
brought against them.
(A) somnolently (B) timorously (C) categorically (D) penuriously