97 年 - 澎湖縣97學年度國民小學暨附設幼稚園代理教師甄選英語科試卷#620
1. The company has quickly ____ from one room into three buildings in two short years.
(A) shrunk (B) diminished (C) expanded (D) declined
2. The old couple continued to open their noodle shop even through many difficult _____.
(A) status (B) hardships (C) customers (D) cooking
3. He is crippled and he can’t walk without a ____.
(A) cub (B) crutch (C) cone (D) craft
4. Despite the apparently bewildering complexity of this procedure, the underlying ____ is quite elementary.
(A) confusion (B) principle (C) phenomenon (D) simplicity
5. In 1919, the 18th amendment to the Constitution was used to ____ the sale and manufacture of alcoholic
drinks. (A) endorse (B) amputate (C) prohibit (D) boost
6. The liver \"performs\" as a filter for the blood.
(A) serves (B) poses (C) masquerades (D) plays
7. Some people found the artist’s exhibit to be fascinating; others found it \"obscene\".
(A) missing something (B) disgusting (C) inartistic (D) amateurish
8. The production of hot glass necessitates "a fusion" of art and technology.
(A) an explosion (B) a nucleus (C) a blending (D) a combating
9. Many kinds of squirrels are easy to \"tame\".
(A) identify (B) capture (C) feed (D) domesticate
10. People may resort to magic to \"assuage\" their fear and doubts if they feel they have no way of controlling the outcome of a situation.
(A) bolster (B) alleviate (C) provoke (D) irritate
16. ____, William Shakespeare is the most widely known.
(A) With all writers in English (B) All of the writers in English
(C) All writers in English (D) Of all writers in English
17. ____ the coming of autumn, thousands of tourists follow the Blue Ridge Trail to observe the brilliant autumnal foliage.
(A) As soon as (B) With (C) When (D) Arrived
18. Neon is said to be inert ____ does not react easily with other substances.
(A) it is because (B) because it (C) because of it (D) is because it
19. A hot air balloon will rise when its density is ____ of the surrounding air.
(A) the lower density (B) lower than that
(C) than the lower density (D) the density is lower than
20. Ecologists often study issues ____ the effects of human activities upon populations and ecosystems.
(A) whom relate to (B) which relates to
(C) that relate to (D) that they relate to
26. The Fourth nuclear power plant in Taiwan should be completed to supply high
energy-consuming industries with ______ electric power.
(A) a number of (B) a great number of (C) an amount of (D) much number of
27. I was paid _____ last month.
(A) by an hour (B) by the hour (C) by hours (D) by a hour
28. Josh has finished _____.
(A) a day’s work (B) a day work (C) day’s work (D) a-day work
29. Vic definitely has a very low opinion of Lisa, and it can be worse than _____ of him.
(A) she did (B) she does (C) her (D) hers
30. The journalist is sure that _____ wins the election will have support of all parties.
(A) who (B) anyone who (C) anyone (D) whomever
31. This is _____ such an animal.
(A) my first time to see (B) my first time I have ever seen
(C) my first time of seeing (D) the first time I have ever seen
32. I tried to get one good book on constellation, but the bookshop I went to did not have ______.
(A) one (B) it (C) anyone (D) none
33. Congratulations! You finally succeeded ______ them.
(A) to solving (B) at solving (C) in solving (D) of solving
34. I was conscious _____ his selfish just now.
(A) of (B) at (C) with (D) for
35. Belle didn’t realize that to play the flute, she must have ______.
(A) also train and talent (B) not talent but training as well
(C) not only training but talent also (D) only training but also talent
36. The teacher _____ get in the lab.
(A) does not allow us (B) does not let us (C) permit that we (D) does not give us
37. The more we learn about Leonardo da Vinci, the more we have ______.
(A) respect in him (B) admiration for him (C) increase of his status (D) praise increasing
38. Mom will go to Kaohsiung next weekend, if she ______ ready then.
(A) is (B) will be (C) shall be (D) was
39. To the _____ of the people, the economy seems not stable enough.
(A) eye (B) sight (C) view (D) look
40. Life would be short and hard, _____ hope extends it.
(A) while (B) which (C) but that (D) that
41. Mom urged us _____ at the stop.
(A) waiting (B) to wait (C) of waiting (D) wait
42. Prices keep going up, but my salary is certainly not ______ at all.
(A) risen (B) raise (C) on the rise (D) on the raise
43. There were _______ lights to mark the exit.
(A) blue huge bright (B) huge bright blue (C) bright huge blue (D) bright blue huge
44. For the middle-aged men, croquet ______ more popular than tennis in just the last few years.
(A) is becoming (B) has become (C) became (D) is become
45. Collecting marbles was a hobby ______.
(A) that gave her lots of pleasure doing it (B) that gave her a great deal of pleasure
(C) which she found real pleasing to her (D) pursuing that she got much pleasure
46. I must have this letter ______ first.
(A) address (B) to be addressed (C) be addressing (D) addressed
47. The legislator, Mr. Wu, used to depend upon ______
(A) whoever was willing to help him (B) whoever he wanted to help
(C) whomever was willing to help him (D) whoever will help him
48. _____ that T-shirt when John first saw her at the HSR station?
(A) Had she worn (B) Was she wearing (C) Has she worn (D) Did she wear
49. He has a lot of books in his house, ______ that he is a professor.
(A) to consider (B) considered (C) being considered (D) considering
50. Is the climate of Malaysia ______?
(A) somehow similar to Philippine (B) somewhat like that of Philippine
(C) so much like Philippine (D) similar like Philippine