33. We live in a world of numbers. Watches, alarm clocks and (33) dictate our daily schedules. However，there are some numbers we do not want to talk about. Just ask anyone who has recently gained weight, or someone (34) thirtieth birthday is creeping up, or any student about their (35).
(36) we abandoned numbers altogether, no one would get older，no one would (37) exams, and no one would watch their weight. Then again, no one would remember our birthdays either!
33. (A) dictionaries (B) calendars (C) computers (D) books
38. Taiwan has wonderful hot springs and delicious food. Now, you can have both At the same time! The (38) of Taiwan has put together the Hot Spring Fine-Cuisine Carnival. Over one hundred resorts are offering (39) trips for the festival. They (40) hot spring coupons and local dishes. Some hotels have big discounts (41) going to a hot spring. A visitor can see the sights, stay at a hotel, and enjoy a hot spring for (42) than NTS3000 per person. If you love hot springs, then join in the festival! 【題組】
38. (A) government (B) vocabulary (C) education (D) experience
43.What if you want to buy a Prada purse, but you don’t have enough money? What do you do? Now，you can rent it from the Internet. It is a fast and cheap way to get something. You can even rent DVDs from Web sites and pay with a credit card. The films you select will be sent to your home. The Internet is like your personal mall! 【題組】
43. What is TRUE about renting things from Web sites?
(A) It takes a long time.
(B) It is expensive.
(C) It is difficult.
(D) It is quick.
44. What is NOT TRUE about this passage?
(A) You can’t rent a Prada purse from Web sites.
(B) You can rent DVDs from the Internet.
(C) Things you rent will be sent to your home.
(D) Rented DVDs can be paid with a credit card.
46. Almost every young or grown-up person would probably like to have a relationship and a romance, it is nice to have someone who cares about you and whom you care about. It is also good to have a relationship that is more intimate and passionate than normal. Your partner doesn’t have to be the most gorgeous person in the world. As long as the two of you adore each other, it is fine. Unfortunately, whenever there are two people in a serious relationship, there is a chance that one of them might be heartbroken in the future. But there is also a chance that there could be an engagement and a wedding banquet.
It is always nice to see a couple that, long after they have made their vows, are still thoughtful and affectionate towards each other. Too often we see married people bored，tired and unhappy with their partners.
46. Why does the writer think every grown-up would like to have a relationship?
(A) Because they are old enough. (B) Because it is nice to have someone special.
(C) Because men and women belong together. (D) Because men and women need each other.
48. According to the article，when people enter a serious relationship, what could happen?
(A) They could go on a trip (B) They could eat out every night.
(C) They could meet each other’s family. (D) They could break up.
50. What does the writer like to see?
(A) He likes to see affectionate people
(B) He likes to see beautiful people.
(C) He likes to see couples that talk to each other.
(D) He likes to see long-term couples that are still happy to be together.