1.1. The boss treats his______ like his family. Thafs why they ail work as hard as they can.
(A) employers (B) employees (C) emperors (D) expenses
2.2. Taiwan______ computers and other electronic products to all parts of the world.
(A) exports (B) escapes (C) explodes (D) emphasizes
3.3. It’s________ and inhumane of him to leave his dogs outside for days without food and water.
(A) critical (B) cruel (C) cute (D) curious
4.4. Changes in weather are_______ people’s control.
(A) beyond (B) bend (C) besides (D) beside
5.5. The lady thanked the firefighter for________ her daughter’s life.
(A) seeming (B) saving (C) seeing (D)save
6.6.1 can always________ on my friends for their support.
(A) rent (B) rely (C) reduce (D) replace
7.7. The high risk of getting lung cancer still cannot___people from smoking.
(A) discourage (B) repeat (C) discover (D) emerge
8.8. The little boy who broke the window became______ •
(A) silence (B) silently (C) silent (D) silenced
9.9. On top of the hill stood a small town______ I visited last yean
(A) where (B) which (C) who (D) whose
10.10. Plastic bags have become a big problem. And more and more people are____plastic cans and
(A) refreshing (B) removing (C) replacing (D)recucling (E)reducing
11.11. Are you_______ to eat three hamburgers?
(A) so hungry (B) too hungry (C) enough hungry (D)hungry enough
12.12. If I ______ enough money, I _______buy you a new computer.
(A) have; can have (B) had; could (C) had had; would (D)having;will
13.13. No one can possibly know______ when an earthquake will strike.
(A) in return (B) in particular (C) in vain (D) in advance
14.14. John and Peter fool around all day, so I can tell that______of them can pass the test
(A) neither (B) either (C) none (D) anyone
15.15. Judy sees her best friend .
(A) a month three times (B) two times a month
(C) a day twice (D) once year
16.16. You can find a great_____ of books and magazines in the library.
(A) blank (B) excuse (C) crew (D)variety
17.17. I like to visit the________ to see old paintings.
(A) statue (B) museum (C) party (D)musician
18.18. Learning a new language is very__________ .
(A) challenging (B) listening (C) fighting (D)riding
19.19. Read the_________ carefully before you start.
(A) instructions (B)advice (C)suggestions (D)actions
20.20. University _________ is very high, so it can be a problem for some people.
(A)tuition (B) buildings (C) money (D) students
21.21. Some students are very________ and don’t worry too much about their studies and their
(A).carefree (B) independent (C) alien (D) neutral
22.22. There is a lot of_________ between North Korea and South Korea because they never made
peace after the Korean War.
(A) space (B) tension (C) tendency (D) privilege
23.23. I decided that Italy would be the best_______ for a holiday destination.
(A) choose (B) chose (C) choosing (D) choice
24.24. Frank_________ drink heavily and almost got fired, but now he has stopped drinking and his
job performance is getting better.
(A) is used to (B) was used to (C) uses to (D) used to
25.25. To get to the library, all you have to do is________ left here.
(A) turning (B) turned (C) turn (D) turns
26.26. Could you please tell me______________?
(A) where is the bus station (B) the bus station is where
(C) where the bus station is (D) where the bus station
27.27. Hsindien f reek runs through the hear! of Taipei, it is largely ignored by Taipei
(A) Until (B) As far as (C) Bven (D) Although
28.28. The energy of falling water_________ electricity.
(A) to become (B) turning into
(C) have converted into (D) is converted into
29.29. The Chen family have been living in Gangshan area since they________ back to Kaohsiung
(A) have moved (B) moved (C) had moved (D) moving
30.30. We had a hard time__________ with the foreigner since he spoke neither Chinese nor English.
(A) to communicate (B) communicating (C) communicate (D) communicated
31.31. New York is_______ than any other city in the U.S., and it is one of the________cities in the
(A) larger, large (B) the largest, larger (C) larger, largest (D) the larger, largest
32.32. read such a marvelous story!
(A) Rarely I have (B) Rarely I (C) Rarely have I (D) Rarely have
33. We live in a world of numbers. Watches, alarm clocks and (33) dictate our daily schedules. However，there are some numbers we do not want to talk about. Just ask anyone who has recently gained weight, or someone (34) thirtieth birthday is creeping up, or any student about their (35).
(36) we abandoned numbers altogether, no one would get older，no one would (37) exams, and no one would watch their weight. Then again, no one would remember our birthdays either!
33. (A) dictionaries (B) calendars (C) computers (D) books
38. Taiwan has wonderful hot springs and delicious food. Now, you can have both At the same time! The (38) of Taiwan has put together the Hot Spring Fine-Cuisine Carnival. Over one hundred resorts are offering (39) trips for the festival. They (40) hot spring coupons and local dishes. Some hotels have big discounts (41) going to a hot spring. A visitor can see the sights, stay at a hotel, and enjoy a hot spring for (42) than NTS3000 per person. If you love hot springs, then join in the festival! 【題組】
38. (A) government (B) vocabulary (C) education (D) experience
39. (A) package (B) character (C) discussion (D)score
40. (A) tickle (B)rent (C) provide (D) desire
41. (A) at (B) by (C) for (D) over
42. (A) smaller (B) less (C) fewer (D) shorter
43.What if you want to buy a Prada purse, but you don’t have enough money? What do you do? Now，you can rent it from the Internet. It is a fast and cheap way to get something. You can even rent DVDs from Web sites and pay with a credit card. The films you select will be sent to your home. The Internet is like your personal mall! 【題組】
43. What is TRUE about renting things from Web sites?
(A) It takes a long time.
(B) It is expensive.
(C) It is difficult.
(D) It is quick.
44. What is NOT TRUE about this passage?
(A) You can’t rent a Prada purse from Web sites.
(B) You can rent DVDs from the Internet.
(C) Things you rent will be sent to your home.
(D) Rented DVDs can be paid with a credit card.
45. What is the best title for this passage?
(A) The Best Mall in the World (B) Saving Money While Shopping
(C) Renting Things from the Internet (D) How to Shop on the Internet
46. Almost every young or grown-up person would probably like to have a relationship and a romance, it is nice to have someone who cares about you and whom you care about. It is also good to have a relationship that is more intimate and passionate than normal. Your partner doesn’t have to be the most gorgeous person in the world. As long as the two of you adore each other, it is fine. Unfortunately, whenever there are two people in a serious relationship, there is a chance that one of them might be heartbroken in the future. But there is also a chance that there could be an engagement and a wedding banquet.
It is always nice to see a couple that, long after they have made their vows, are still thoughtful and affectionate towards each other. Too often we see married people bored，tired and unhappy with their partners.
46. Why does the writer think every grown-up would like to have a relationship?
(A) Because they are old enough. (B) Because it is nice to have someone special.
(C) Because men and women belong together. (D) Because men and women need each other.
47. In line 4，what does gorgeous mean?
(A) smart (B) generous (C) good-looking (D) intelligent
48. According to the article，when people enter a serious relationship, what could happen?
(A) They could go on a trip (B) They could eat out every night.
(C) They could meet each other’s family. (D) They could break up.
49. In line 8，what does vow mean?
(A) wedding (B) party (C) promise (D) plans
50. What does the writer like to see?
(A) He likes to see affectionate people
(B) He likes to see beautiful people.
(C) He likes to see couples that talk to each other.
(D) He likes to see long-term couples that are still happy to be together.