99 年 - 099年 中央警察大學99學年度學士班二年制技術系入學英文考試試題#9368
1. Police officer Jack Fitzgerald Smith’s ______is Smith.
(A) first name (B) middle name (C) surname (D) maiden name (E) nickname
2. The police officer stopped Tom’s car and asked to see his driver’s _______ .
(A) permission (B) card (C) identity (D) registration (E) license
3. ____________ violence means violence in a family, especially by a husband against his wife.
(A) Domestic (B) Home (C) Family (D) Internal (E) External
4. Can you ______ the robber who took your bag?
(A) legal (B) identify (C) notice (D) influence (E) confess
5. A police officer has to __________ the law at all times.
(A) enforce (B) release (C) charge (D) arrest (E) amateur
6. Mary called the ______ to report a robbery.
(A) police stop (B) police center (C) police station (D) police role
(E) police badge
7. A ______ is a police officer whose job is to discover information about crimes and catch criminals.
(A) foreign (B) state police (C) local police (D) sergeant (E) detective
8. ______ is the crime of stealing.
(A) Homicide (B) Smuggling (C) Trafficing (D) Theft (E) Violation
9. The police officer pointed his gun at the criminal and yelled, “__________!”
(A) Stopping (B) Freeze (C) Sitting (D) Approched (E) Came
10. The judge gave him a 10-year sentence because he had killed his friend ______ .
(A) at accident (B) on purpose (C) on hand (D) at fact (E) on feet
11. When a police car follows your car and the officers ask you to stop, you’d better ______ and wait in your car.
(A) speed up (B) run over (C) pull over (D) take up (E) escape
12. He couldn’t say a word when the police asked him what ______ .
(A) was happen (B) happened (C) was happened (D) had happened (E) happening
13. A lot of young people start taking ______ at school and it’s very bad for their health.
(A) medicine (B) exercise (C) fast food (D) drugs (E) vitamins
14. Jimmy is a ______ in a robbery case.
(A) suspect (B) murderer (C) eyewit (D) testify (E) catcher
15. Human ______ is now a serious problem in the world.
(A) hooker (B) traffic (C) looked (D) smuggling (E) import
16. Police officers must have a search ______ so that they can legally search someone’s home.
(A) warrant (B) ticket (C) order (D) court (E) procedure
17. Officer Chen is the first one to arrive at the crime ______.
(A) place (B) spot (C) scene (D) location (E) house
18. This is an ______ ; please call the police immediately.
(A) hospital (B) existence (C) enter (D) emergency (E) alter
19. I really feel sorry for Mary, who was the ______ of a robbery.
(A) key person (B) evidence (C) official (D) deputy (E) victim
20. Don’t forget to put ______ on that prisoner because he is very dangerous.
(A) handgun (B) handcuffs (C) handkerchief (D) hand lotion (E) hand rope
21. Bruce: Could you tell me how to get to the City Library?
Bruce: Could you tell me how to get to the City Library?
(A) Pardon me. What did you say? (B) You can say that again.
(C) No, thank you very much. (D) Yes, it’s very nice of you.
(E) I think it’s over there.
22.Mr. Lee: Can I speak to my son Peter Lee, please?
Duty Officer: I’m sorry. Officer Lee just went out, but he will be back ______.
(A) after 20 minutes (B) for 20 minutes
(C) 20 minutes later (D) since 20 minutes
(E) in 20 minutes
23.Sam: Could you tell me where I can make a copy of this document?
Officer: You can use the _______ over there.
(A) auto machine (B) vending machine
(C) change machine (D) Xerox machine
24.Officer: Stop! You are under _______.
Jack: On what charge?
(A) arrest (B) catch (C) caught (D) pressure (E) watch
25. Officer: The reason you have been stopped is that you are ______ .
Driver: But I’ve only had one beer!
(A) drinking drive (B) drink drive (C) wine driving (D) drunk drived
(E) drunk driving
26. Hank: Where can I apply for a police ______ record certificate?
Officer: You can apply for it at the Foreign Affairs Division.
(A) crime (B) criminal (C) prisoner (D) prison (E) criminist
A: Hello. May I speak to Mr. Alex Li, please?
B: Yes, _________
(A) he is speaking. (B) she is here.
(C) I am Alex Li. (D) this is he.
(E) who are you?
28.A: It’s a pleasure to meet you.
(A) It’s a pleased to meet you. (B) I am happy to see you.
(C) How do you do? (D) I’m pleased to see you.
(E) It’s a glad to meet you.
29.Clara: Officer, could you tell me where the nearest bank is?
Officer: Yes, you go straight for two _____ and you’ll see it on your right.
(A) roads (B) lines
(C) store (D) streets
30.A: Do you like this place?
(A) Yes, I like it here. (B) Yes, I like here.
(C) No, I don’t like here. (D) No, I didn’t like it here.
(E) I wonder if I am OK.