101 年 - 101年警專英文#8630
1. It is proved that high __________ of red meat is linked to a host of health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
(A) presumption (B) consumption (C) assumption (D) resumption
2. The National Palace Museum has the world’s largest collection of artifacts from 5,000 years of
(A) civilization (B) depression (C) revolution (D) confrontation
3. She is__________a child. Don’t be too strict with her.
(A) seriously (B) namely (C) barely (D) merely
4. Sometimes known as “green gems” or “green diamonds”, betel nuts have been an economic miracle for Taiwan’s
__________village over the last thirty years.
(A) industrial (B) agricultural (C) artificial (D) superficial
5. Many people were shocked and __________ by the news of the death of a famous Taiwanese singer—Fong
(A) embarrassed (B) inspired (C) overwhelmed (D) overjoyed
6. Hundreds of houses __________ after the 7.4 magnitude quake struck southern Mexico.
(A) rotated (B) deserted (C) collapsed (D) splashed
7. After ten years’ separation, I can hardly __________ her. She has changed so much.
(A) memorize (B) analyze (C) organize (D) recognize
8. I am sure this goal will be __________ of your effort.
(A) patient (B) worthy (C) doubtful (D) suspicious
9. Parents should teach their children to __________ their money at an early age. Therefore, they will know how to manage their money when they grow up.
(A) share (B) add (C) budget (D) supply
10. Acid rain __________ vegetation and wildlife, etches car finishes and corrodes buildings and bridges.
(A) does harm to (B) breaks into (C) falls for (D) gives way to
11. The clock on the wall is __________. We should change the battery.
(A) running down (B) hanging up (C) bending forward (D) chipping off
12. Whenever you visit Samuel, his place is always stocked with __________.
(A) odds and ends (B) pros and cons (C) ins and outs (D) pins and needles
13. After Robert was laid off, he came __________ with poverty for the first time.
(A) hand in hand (B) side by side (C) shoulder to shoulder (D) face to face
14. On the wedding day the bride and the groom made a vow that they would stand by each other __________.
(A) from top to bottom (B) in the long run (C) through thick and thin (D) down to the last detail
15. I’m so shy that I usually __________ when addressing a large crowd of people.
(A) fly into a rage (B) feel ill at ease (C) have a loose tongue (D) rise to my feet
16. Children are not allowed to use the swimming pool __________ they are with an adult.
(A) in case (B) provided (C) unless (D) as long as
17. He watched her walk away, his heart __________ at the thought of losing her.
(A) was broken (B) breaking (C) broken (D) to break
18. There __________ be a theater here, but it was knocked down.
(A) was used to (B) used to (C) got used to (D) is used to
19. In today’s English class, our teacher gave stickers to __________ answered her questions correctly.
(A) who (B) whom (C) whomever (D) whoever
20. Tim:There is a very good movie on television at seven tonight.
Joe: Maybe I’ll get home __________ to see it.
(A) early enough (B) too early (C) so early (D) much early
21. At the edge of the forest __________.
(A) did a magnificent palace stand (B) stood a magnificent palace
(C) a magnificent palace standing (D) a magnificent palace was
22. Sarah had an interview for a job and the interviewer asked her __________.
(A) why did she apply for the job (B) if she can speak any foreign languages
(C) how long she had worked in her present job (D) was she willing to travel
23. If Jenny has a splitting headache, I suggest that she __________ aspirin.
(A) take (B) takes (C) took (D) will take
24. There are many kinds of inventions. Some may be games and fun to play with while __________ can save lives.
(A) the other (B) another (C) other (D) others
25. Josh: I thought I was late so I took a taxi.
Eric: But actually you still had plenty of time. You __________.
(A) shouldn’t hurry (B) might not hurry (C) must not have hurried (D) needn’t have hurried