102 年 - 102年北市建國中學第一次教甄英文科試題#10135
01. The guest speaker was given a ____ welcome by the students. They were excited about his arrival.
(A) raucous (B) rapturous (C) perfunctory (D) factitious
02. This novel is set in the 19th-century France. The political ___ during that time led to the tragic ending.
(A) pendants (B) luminaries (C) confluences (D) convulsions
03. Jean wondered what she’d done to ___ her husband’s wrath.
(A) indict (B) peruse (C) incur (D) appall
04. The father tried to ___ his crying son by buying him a toy.
(A) lambast (B) mollify (C) annihilate (D) deflect
05. John grudged Mary her promotion and gave her a ___ look.
(A) petulant (B) tenacious (C) pliant (D) bashful
06. The suspect’s _______ in the face of evidence indicating his involvement in the horrific murder sent a shudder through the prosecutors.
(A) implausibility (B) imperturbability (C) perceptibility (D) susceptibility
07. After the old man had been bedridden for more than a year, his leg muscles had ___. His legs could no longer support his body weight.
(A) dissipated (B) ostracized (C) obtruded (D) atrophied
08. Smoking should be banned in all public places because it has a ___ effect on people’s health.
(A) salutary (B) soporific (C) pernicious (D) restorative
09. Government forces launched an air raid on the village and inflicted heavy casualties on ___. In fact, the rebels had been reduced to a spent force.
(A) mutineers (B) stalwarts (C) connoisseurs (D) bigots
10. He was trying everything to win back her love though it was a（n） ___ attempt.
(A) fortuitous (B) ostensible (C) forlorn (D) captious
11. A group of international terrorists is believed to have been ___ into the country.
(A) infiltrating (B) floundering (C) relapsing (D) blustering
12. Some members of the opposition party think the new bill ___ federal law. It shouldn’t have been passed.
(A) disparages (B) contravenes (C) buttresses (D) exonerates
13. The sweltering summer evening makes me sink into ___. I just don’t feel like doing anything.
(A) trepidation (B) exultation (C) lethargy (D) cacophony
14. The actress gave an ___ reply to the question of her marital status, refusing to confirm her divorce.
(A) equivocal (B) exorbitant (C) auspicious (D) abrasive
15. Most Americans are in the habit of drinking coffee in the morning, so tea has no comparably ___ position as coffee in America.
(A) subservient (B) enigmatic (C) flimsy (D) entrenched