102 年 - 2013年 湖北省高考英语试题及答案#11820
21. Poetry written from the ______ of the urban youth tends to reveal their anxiety over
a lack of sense of belonging.
22. Carbon dioxide, which makes a ______ between us and the sun, prevents heat from getting out of the atmosphere easily, so the earth is becoming warmer.
23. While intelligent people can often ______ the complex, a fool is more likely to complicate the simple.
24. According to the law, all foreigners have to ______ with the local police within two weeks of arrival.
25. Butterflies ______ a sweet liquid produced by flowers, which bees and other insects collect.
(A). carry on
(B). feed on
(C). put on
(D). focus on
26. In much of the animal world, night is the time ______ for sleep—pure and simple.
(A). set aside
(B). set down
(C). set off
(D). set up
27. People complain that decisions to approve or deny a permit are often ______ rather than based on fixed criteria.
28. He didn’t selfishly keep for himself the money inherited from his uncle. Instead, he made a ______ contribution to help the community.
29. Don’t defend him any more. It’s obvious that he ______ destroyed the fence of the garden even without apology.
30. An artist who was recently traveling on a ferry to the southern island discovered ______ a long lost antique Greek vase.
(A). at random
(B). by chance
(C). in turn
(D). on occasion