- 2.徐文昌騎車回家途中，一路涼風彿面，真是暢快舒服 ! 忽然撇見天空恆亙一道道璀燦極光，輕輕搖逸在漆黑的夜空，那
- 三、改錯 10%
- Captain Sullenberger Did It!
On January 15, 2009, U.S. Airways flight 1549 took off from LaGuardia Airport in New York
City. It was going to Charlotte North Carolina. The flight was going to become a trip that was not
easy to forget.
Sadly, three minutes after the plane took off, a lot of birds hit the plane’s engines. First, the
left engine was on fire and stopped working. Then, the second engine also stopped.
Captain Sullenberger, the pilot, had to make a fast decision. He did not have enough time to
fly back to LaGuardia. He had to do something. If he did nothing, then everyone on the plane
was going to die. Captain Sullenberger decided to land on the Hudson River. It was very risky,
but he had to try. He used his experience as a pilot and as a glider pilot to land the airplane on
the Hudson River. In the end, all of the people on the plane lived.
Days later, people called this “Miracle on the Hudson.” They couldn’t believe it was possible
to land such a big plane on a river. Passengers on the plane were very thankful to Captain Sullenberger.
◎ risky 危險的 experience 經驗 glider 滑翔機 miracle 奇蹟
【題組】51. What does “It” mean in the third paragraph? paragraph 段落
(A) Flying a glider. (B) Flying back to LaGuardia.
(C) Landing on a road. (D) Landing on the Hudson River.
- 【題組】50. On January 15, 2009, what happened to U.S. Airways flight 1549?
(A) Many birds took the plane. (B) Many birds hit the plane.
(C) Many birds got off the plane. (D) Many birds set a fire to the plane.
- School bullying happens all the time. Students should ask for help from their parents or
teachers, and here are three “dos.”
1. Care about your classmates more because sometimes they are afraid to tell.
2. Report bullying to teachers. There’s a big difference between informing facts and telling secrets. Informing is to keep victims away from troubles.
3. Accompany victims. Having empathy is the key to helping victims out, and try to put yourself in others’ shoes.We should always do something to stop bullying and make our school a happy place to
◎ report 報告 difference 差異 inform 告知 secret 秘密 victim 受害者
【題組】49. Which is true?
(A) Don’t help victims. (B) Sweep before your own door.
(C) Report bullying to teachers. (D) Bullying is not serious at school.