97 年 - 桃園縣97學年度國民小學暨附設幼稚園教師聯合甄選筆試【英文】試題#610
1. The ______ for driving without fastening the seat belt is NT$3000.
(A) penalty (B) refund (C) solution (D) spend
2. You should inform your doctor of any allergies you have when they ______ medicine for you.
(A) subscribe (B) prescribe (C)describe (D) inscribe
3. The innocent are often ______ by the unscrupulous.
(A) decorated (B) deceived (C) described (D) descended
4. I can’t find my book. I probably ______ it somewhere.
(A) mistaken (B) misplaced (C) miscounted (D) miscalculated
5. ______ indicate that Social Security benefits constitute the main source of income for retired Americans who are over sixty-five years of age.
(A) Official (B) Stocks (C) Surveys (D) Geometers
6. Teen violence is usually not just a familial issue. It is often a ______ issue.
(A) network (B) enigma (C) prevalent (D) societal
7. This psychological case for forgiveness is ______ persuasive.
(A) intentionally (B) attentively (C) overwhelmingly (D) absent-mindedly
8. Spending time reading newspapers and other ______ is a good way to keep up with current events.
(A)classified (B)comics (C) economics (D)periodicals
9. The quake insurance isn’t mandatory although most banks ______ that their mortgage loan debtors take up such precautionary policies.
(A) prepare (B) require (C) command (D) respond
10. If violence in a city is escalating, this means it is ______.
(A)staying the same (B)increasing (C) decreasing (D) happening in new ways
11. We use laughter to communicate, ______ words, sounds, and body language.
(A) otherwise (B) in terms of (C) in addition to (D) regardless of
12. The global need for English language skills has ______ countless English-teaching programs.
(A)given rise to (B) opposed to (C) in favor of (D) got lit up
13. When early humans hunted and gathered food, they were not ______ their environment. They could only interact with their surroundings as lower organisms did.
(A) living on (B) dependent on (C) in harmony with (D) in control of
14. Kevin burst into tears ______ because his teacher punished him in front of the whole class.
(A) on the side (B) on the spot (C) on any account (D) on the mark
15. The airports and train stations are ______ passengers during seasonal holidays.
(A)mobbed with (B) run over (C) held on (D) restrained from
16. Alice hid behind a big plant to keep herself ______ being run over.
(A) for (B) from (C) in (D) out
17. The children swam ______ the river and reached the other side of it.
(A) through (B) along (C) across (D) over
18. I reflected deeply ______ the adventures in the jungle and in turn succeeded in making my first drawing with a color pencil.
(A) at (B) for (C) upon (D) to
19. You can’t travel abroad ______ you have a passport.
(A) if (B) unless (C) but (D) by which
20. Tom or I ______ right. (A)are (B) is (C) am (D) be
21. Smell is the only sensory system to directly project into the limbic system, _____ it perhaps our most basic, primitive sense.
(A) and makes (B) makes (C) making (D) to make
22. The students ______ for recess since ten in the morning and will be back in the afternoon.
(A) have gone (B) has gone (C) had gone (D) having gone
23. Another thing ______ Lincoln was famous was his love of jokes.
(A) by which (B) at which (C) for which (D) on which
24. A portion of the world’s population is overfed, ______ most people are underfed.
(A) if (B) since (C) whereas (D) once
25. No questions were ______ Sara.
(A) asked of (B) asking (C) asked (D) asked to