107 年 - 台電 - 107年5月新進僱用人員甄試科目試題_英文#68870
16. Employers are required to treat male and female workers equally because _____ equality is a
government policy in Taiwan.
(A) grinder (B) gender (C) agenda (D) tender
17. The sun and wind are two major sources of _____ energy that many countries around the world have
been trying to develop.
(A) recycling (B) reusable (C) renewable (D) returnable
18. Nowadays, a lot of people waste so much time _____ the Internet.
(A) surfing (B) playing (C) traveling (D) sailing
19. Paul didn’t go to university, so he only has a high school _____.
(A) paper (B) document (C) grade (D) diploma
20. Keelung is the _____ city in Taiwan.
(A) northernmost (B) north (C) mostly north (D) northest
21. Surprisingly, Sam passed the exam _____ that he had not prepared at all.
(A) thought (B) despite (C) even (D) but
22. Taipei 101 is the most famous _____ in the city and attracts many tourists from in and outside the
country each year.
(A) landmark (B) benchmark (C) indicator (D) street sign
23. Most children _____ their parents and talk like them.
(A) love (B) follow (C) imitate (D) hear
24. On the way back from the US, we only had a 2-hour _____ in Tokyo and couldn’t leave the airport to
visit the city.
(A) transport (B) translation (C) transform (D) transit
25. Smoking on the MRT is _____ forbidden and the fine is not a small amount.
(A) usually (B) probably (C) absolutely (D) exactly
26. Harry really liked the new Mazda, but the price was over his _____.
(A) money (B) target (C) pocket (D) budget
27. At present, the official _____ age is 65 in government agencies in Taiwan.
(A) retire (B) retired (C) retirement (D) to retire
28. Steve takes his daughters to _____ kites in the park every Sunday if it is a sunny day.
(A) blow (B) release (C) set (D) fly
29. Generally, it is considered impolite _____ when other people are talking.
(A) to interrupt (B) to cut (C) to break (D) to miss
30. Our company often holds _____ because we have employees working in different parts of the country.
(A) conferences (B) audio conferences (C) videoconferences (D) videos
31. If you want to get a job with Taiwan Power Company, you need to _____ a test.
(A) participate (B) join (C) take (D) prepare
32. Children have to attend elementary school _____ six years in Taiwan.
(A) by (B) in (C) over (D) for
33. Today, a lot of people use “plastic money” to buy things; in other words, they pay _____ credit cards.
(A) to (B) in (C) with (D) for
34. Jessie is taking the afternoon _____ to see her mother in the hospital.
(A) off (B) out (C) away (D) in
35. Willy has no idea where his sister Judy is. He hasn’t heard _____ her for months.
(A) about (B) from (C) for (D) to
36. The research team needs to hurry up because the project is _____ schedule.
(A) late (B) falling (C) after (D) behind
37. It normally _____ about 20 minutes to go to work by car.
(A) spends me (B) takes me (C) costs me (D) wastes me
38. December is the last month of a year. It _____ November.
(A) goes after (B) comes after (C) is past (D) next to
39. “I need _____. Can you take this document to the accounting office for me?”
(A) hand (B) a hand (C) hands (D) some hand
40. Joyce looked like she _____ cry when the manager told her she was not good enough for her job.
(A) was to (B) had to (C) was about to (D) knew how to
41. Alex, my college classmate, works in the same neighborhood, so I often _____ him on the MRT.
(A) walk into (B) run into (C) come into (D) go into
42. Jobs in public enterprises are more stable; _____, more and more young people choose to work in such
companies when they finish college education.
(A) as a result (B) as an excuse (C) as usual (D) as indicated
43. The police _____ the bar last week because it was too noisy.
(A) closed down (B) closed up (C) shut up (D) stopped
44. The marathon will be held this Saturday, _____. It cannot be postponed.
(A) sun or rain (B) dry or wet (C) rain or shine (D) raining or shining
45. Peter usually takes his time to eat because he really _____ a nice meal.
(A) enjoys to have (B) enjoys having (C) likes to (D) has to
46. I lived next door to ______ when I was a kid. I know every one of them.
(A) Johnson families (B) the Johnson’s (C) Johnson family (D) the Johnsons
47. Ken seems unable to keep a job. He _____ in six different companies in the past two years.
(A) has worked (B) works (C) had worked (D) is working
48. I’m going to say goodbye to Frank. He _____ to Kaohsiung next week.
(A) will be moved (B) is moving (C) just moved (D) has moved
49. At work, Tom is responsible _____ the company’s website.
(A) for maintaining (B) to maintain (C) in maintenance (D) with maintaining
50. LA Lakers _____ last night, but they made too many errors in the game.
(A) should have won (B) should win (C) should won (D) should have been won
51. Taichung is _____ of Taipei and Keelung is north of Taipei.
(A) in the south (B) to the south (C) the south (D) on the south
52. I would lend you the money if I _____, but I really don’t.
(A) have it (B) had it (C) would have it (D) should have it
53. The Thai restaurant across the street _____ in business for twenty years.
(A) has been (B) is (C) was (D) will be
54. Ann has the habit of _____ once every two weeks.
(A) go to movie (B) see movie
(C) seeing the movie (D) going to the movies
55. Jill almost got hit by a motorcycle because she _____ with her cell phone when crossing the street.
(A) played (B) was played (C) was playing (D) had been playing